There are few home improvement projects that make homeowners as happy as a sunroom. As creative deck designers and Framingham building contractors, we work on a lot of local projects and get to see the impact our work has on family life. Here’s what we’ve learned about the five reasons to build a sunroom:
1) Kids love sunrooms. When it’s too cold to play outside, the sunroom has great natural light and a cool outdoor feel that’s great for hanging out, playing games, doing artwork and having fun.
2) Pets love sunrooms. If you have cats, you already know how much they enjoy having a comfortable, sunny spot to snooze. And being able to watch birds, squirrels and other local wildlife from a safe location is pretty neat. Dogs love sunrooms too, especially if they get to hang out with their favorite people.
3) Plants love sunrooms. Whether you want to go for the classic English conservatory look and fill your sunroom with gorgeous orchids and other tropical plants, or you just want some space to start a few tomato plants for the patio, a sunroom is a great spot to do it. Having living green plants in the home lowers stress, boosts creativity, and can contribute to positive indoor air quality.
4) Sunrooms are great for rest & relaxation. Do you need a break from always being on the go? The sunroom can be your quiet retreat. Curl up in a comfy chair and lose yourself in a great book, or simply watch what’s going on outdoors. If you’re a birdwatcher, nature lover, or enjoy having a great view of the weather as it happens, you’ll love your sunroom.
5) Sunrooms add to the beauty and curb appeal of your home. Conventional wisdom says it’s kitchens that sell homes, but in our experience, having a great sunroom has certainly persuaded at least a few buyers to make an offer on the home of their dreams. Sunrooms look great inside and out, and are the perfect addition to any Framingham home.